How will my entry be judged?
The Scottish Design Awards will be judged by two stellar panels: one for design, the other for architecture.
Each of the panels will be compiled of industry experts who will use their insight and experience to deliberate the results.
The DESIGN panel will be looking for:
– fresh thinking and originality
– beautiful execution
– great storytelling
– work that pushes and progresses the client brief beyond expectations
– work which emotionally connects with its audience
The ARCHITECTURE panel will be hoping to see:
– work that is programmatically, formally and spatially rich
– design that pushes boundaries
– projects that address issues of sustainability
– a people focused, client driven approach
The Scottish Design Awards recognise that construction remains one of the leading contributors to the climate emergency and as such our judges will reward work which demonstrates resource efficiency, use of renewables and low carbon construction.
In the interest of fair play, judges associated with specific projects are excused from the judging process for those categories.